Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Skins - Season Two (2008)

Skins (2007-????)

Created by: Jamie Brittain and Bryan Elsley

Season: Two (2008)
Genre: Comedy | Drama
Number of Episodes: 10
Episode Running Time: 60 Minutes
Viewed: Owned DVD (Region 2)

[IMDb]






Comments: Unfortunately, the second season of Skins did not live up to its predecessor. At all. The first few episodes are awful, as they focus almost entirely on single individuals rather than the group dynamic, which is what made the first season good. The last couple episodes are a lot better, but the season is still a giant letdown. They ruin a lot of characters and make many of them unlikable during the ten episodes (they especially fucked Cassie up and made her annoying as fuck). Season Three of Skins sees a whole new cast come in (sans Effy), so I'm definitely looking forward to that. I don't think I'll be watching it soon - but that's what I always say when I'm taking a break from a show after a season that I didn't particularly like (and then I usually end up watching it anyway). We'll see. But there is one thing the show has going for it: the coolest fucking theme song I've heard in a long time. I won't lie, I look forward to it every time I start a new episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment