Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Campaign (2012)

The Campaign (2012)

Directed by: Jay Roach
Screenplay by: Chris Henchy and Shawn Harwell

Genre: Comedy
Running Time: 85 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Rental DVD - Family Video

May the best loser win.

[IMDb]




Comments: I honestly believe that Zach Galifianakis has the ability to be a great actor; one of those talents that transcends the comedy genre and goes on to more prominent and serious work. But I get worried when I see him in mediocre fare like Due Date, The Hangover Part II, and now, The Campaign. I don't want to see Galifianakis continue to churn out retread after retread like his co-star in the film, Will Ferrell, or even someone like Adam Sandler. Break from the mold, Zach!

I won't lie, I did find The Campaign to be pretty funny at times, but the longer the film went on the more I just wanted it to be over. Will Ferrell plays the exact same character he's played in 20 other movies, and despite the quality of supporting actors (Dan Aykroyd, John Lithgow, and Brian Cox), there's really not a lot to see here. This was another of my $1 rentals, and while I'm glad I finally got to see The Campaign, I feel like I only got $.50 worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment