Saturday, December 8, 2012

From Russia with Love (1963)

From Russia with Love (1963)

Directed by: Terence Young
Screenplay by: Richard Maibaum

Genre: Action | Adventure | Crime | Thriller
Running Time: 115 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

The world's masters of murder pull out all the stops to destroy Agent
  007!


[IMDb]



Comments: From Russia with Love, the direct sequel to Dr. No, is one of the more highly regarded films in the James Bond franchise. And while I certainly enjoyed myself, I felt that it lacked that certain charm that other Bond films have. Despite the stupendous fight scene on the train, I just never found From Russia with Love as enjoyable as the other Connery films I've seen before (namely Dr. No and Goldfinger). Plus, the ending was about as anticlimactic as possible. Bond versus a 65-year-old woman? It's a miracle he made it out alive...

No comments:

Post a Comment