Friday, November 11, 2011

The Walking Dead - Season One (2010)

The Walking Dead (2010-????)

Developed by: Frank Darabont

Season: One (2010)
Genre: Drama | Horror | Thriller
Number of Episodes: 6
Episode Running Time: 60 Minutes
Viewed: Owned Blu-ray

[IMDb]






Comments: I've been kind of slacking this month in terms of what I've been watching. Granted, that means I've been up to date with my DVR (except for Season Two of The Walking Dead), but I haven't been venturing to the theaters much or delving into my growing Blu-ray collection. (But seriously, my theatrical options for films this weekend are Immortals and A Very Harold and Kumar Christmas... I'll pass. I would have seen In Time, but that shit got yanked from my theater already.) So anyway, I really wanted to catch up on The Walking Dead during my three-day Veteran's Day weekend. I caught two episodes when it first premiered last year and loved it; however, the remaining four episodes were condemned to rot on my DVR because I'm an asshole. Eventually, it got to the point where I ended up deleting them because it had been months since those first two episodes, and I knew I'd end up buying it on Blu-ray anyway.

The show itself? It's fucking awesome. After watching episodes of Castle on and off for the last few weeks, it's so refreshing to watch a television show that isn't a "case/monster of the week" type deal. Granted, there's only six episodes, but they're wonderful and totally worth your time. I watched four Thursday night and the remaining two this morning, as soon as I woke up. Plus, I've already burned through three of Season Two's four episodes this afternoon, and I just love how the show plays out. Nothing's rushed, and everything takes it's time, but never to the point of boredom. This shit rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment