Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Castle - Season Two (2009-2010)

Castle (2009-????)

Created by: Andrew W. Marlowe

Season: Two (2009-2010)
Genre: Crime | Drama | Mystery
Number of Episodes: 24
Episode Running Time: 60 Minutes
Viewed: Owned DVD

She's armed. He's dangerous.

[IMDb]




Comments: Granted, it took me nearly two months to watch Season Two of Castle, but it took me awhile to completely warm up to the show. I love Nathan Fillion, I love the chemistry he has with Stana Katic, and I love their witty banter and unending flirtations, but the "case of the week" aspect drove me crazy. Around two-thirds of the way through the season I took a break and went back to watching other stuff (including The Walking Dead, which is awesome). When I started watching episodes again, it happened to coincide with the show runners really amping up the sexual tension between Fillion and Katic, including the love triangle-esque plot that ran over the last few episodes, which immediately piqued my interest. As everyone knows, I'm a sucker for television romance, so I'm finally understanding why everyone else loves the Castle-Beckett dynamic. I'm sure I'll start to get weary during the middle of Season Three (which I'll likely dive into this weekend) with every goddamn by-the-books "case of the week" episode, but if they can maintain the high level of romance between the leads, I can overlook that.

Speaking of Season Three, I picked it up this weekend at Target for $20. They have a number of ABC shows on sale, and all of them came with $10 coupons for the other recently released ABC seasons. So with the $10 coupon, I picked up Season Seven of Grey's Anatomy for $10 (don't fucking judge me), and with that $10 coupon I picked up the first season of Body of Lies for FREE (it was on sale for only $10; I've never seen the show, but what-the-fuck-ever, it's free), and with that $10 coupon I bought the complete series of Off the Map also for free (it too was on sale for $10; it's a mid-season 13 episode drama about doctors in the jungle that got cancelled, but what-the-fuck-ever, it was free). So yeah, that's what I do with my weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment