Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Castle - Season Three (2010-2011)

Castle (2009-????)

Created by: Andrew W. Marlowe

Season: Three (2010-2011)
Genre: Crime | Drama | Mystery
Number of Episodes: 24
Episode Running Time: 60 Minutes
Viewed: Owned DVD

Solving murder has never been so much fun.

[IMDb]




Comments: I am so glad that I decided to pick up Season Three of Castle and not just put it off as something I'd watch down the road. After a mediocre first season and second season that steadily improved, I can definitely say that Season Three was excellent - well, as excellent as a "case of the week" show can be. There's certainly a fair share of filler here - episodes that only serve to pad out a 20+ episode season (which is why I love channels that prefer 13 episode seasons; it's a great number). But when the episodes of Castle were on target, the show was awesome. The Castle-Beckett dynamic was superb; granted, there's not too much longer they can delay the inevitable romance without annoying viewers. And once that occurs, shows tend to lose a step if the whole thing isn't handled properly. Here's hoping that it is.

Anyway, it's time to catch up on Season Four so I can start watching the show on a weekly basis. Often, that ruins the spark the show had for me - not being able to feast on multiple episodes on a nightly basis. But after the awesome season finale, I just have to see how everything plays out. So... I'm done here.

But one last thing: My immense lack of posting is due to the fact that I've been watching Castle instead of movies. However, I have a backlog of Blu-rays to watch that I picked up over Black Friday... but I also have the complete series of both Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel that I picked up. So... posting may be rather infrequent at times. Not that it matters anyway, because who reads this shit to begin with?

No comments:

Post a Comment