Sunday, September 6, 2009

Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers (1995)

Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers (1995)

Directed by: Joe Chappelle
Screenplay by: Daniel Farrands

Genre: Horror | Thriller
Running Time: 88 Minutes (Theatrical Cut)
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned DVD

Terror never rests in peace.

[IMDb]




Comments: I think the only reason I rated Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers as high as I did (two whole stars!) was because I know that somewhere, a full version of the film exists. The Producer's Cut, which has never been officially released on DVD, is 40+ minutes longer and I'm sure explores many ideas which where cut out of this film. The entire Thorn plotline is brought up only to be explained in 20 seconds and then is forgotten for the rest of the film. Most of the "horror" is standard and not worth noting. I did, however, enjoy the final chase, as the pounding drums in the score were rather neat. But ultimately, Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers is another forgettable sequel. I am going to try and track down a copy of the Producer's Cut, but until then, I guess we're on to number 7...

No comments:

Post a Comment