Saturday, September 12, 2009

Adventureland (2009)

Adventureland (2009)

Directed by: Greg Mottola
Screenplay by: Greg Mottola

Genre: Comedy | Drama | Romance
Running Time: 107 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned DVD

It was the worst job they ever imagined... and the best time of their
  lives.


[IMDb]



Comments: Normally, I would have moved on to Friday the 13th Part 2, but I picked up Adventureland today, which I have wanted to see since it was released (mainly because I loved Greg Mottola's Superbad). I knew from reviews that the film was more of a drama than comedy, so I was prepared for that aspect of the film. If anything, the comedy felt out of place and forced in parts (Kristen Wiig's role was both annoying and completely unnecessary). I did have a hard time liking Jesse Eisenberg's lead character at first, only because it was similar to the role he had in The Squid and the Whale, where he was intelligent and witty, yet annoying and a douchebag. In Adventureland, he's again intelligent and witty, but he's generally a nice guy as well. Overall, Greg Mottola has made another great film. I heartily enjoyed Adventureland, and I am anxiously awaiting his next film, Paul, which stars Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, and Jason Bateman (and Kristen Wiig too!).

No comments:

Post a Comment