Saturday, September 12, 2009

Friday the 13th (1980)

Friday the 13th (1980)

Directed by: Sean S. Cunningham
Screenplay by: Victor Miller

Genre: Horror | Mystery | Thriller
Running Time: 95 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned DVD

You'll wish it were only a nightmare...

[IMDb]




Comments: I enjoyed watching all the Halloween films so much that I decided to continue forward with horror series (provided I don't get tired of shitty sequels, I might continue this through Halloween [the holiday]). I've always had a soft spot for the original Friday the 13th, despite the fact that the film borrows heavily from Halloween (and the score is straight out of Psycho). The film is always entertaining, and the final act has some truly tense moments. Plus, the death scenes are awesome (Tom Savini FTW!) and fairly realistic, especially for 1980 (before horror films started using the ever-shitty CGI). I've only see the first three Friday the 13th films (and Freddy vs. Jason), so I'm looking forward to the seven other films in the series. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment