Saturday, September 26, 2009

Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning (1985)

Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning (1985)

Directed by: Danny Steinmann
Screenplay by: Martin Kitrosser, David Cohen, and Danny Steinmann

Genre: Horror | Mystery
Running Time: 92 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned DVD

If Jason still haunts you, you're not alone!

[IMDb]




Comments: Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning is a pretty fucking horrible film. From the bad acting, to the weak script, to just about everything else, the fifth entry in the Friday the 13th series is rather awful. The unfortunate part for me was that even though this was my first viewing of the film, I knew the "twist" ending, which probably ruined one of the few decent things about the film. Of course, had I not known the ending, I would have been more angry seeing as how Jason was hacked to bits by motherfucking Corey Feldman in the last film (I guess that anger will come out in the next film). The only other redeeming factor was the decent amount of nudity in A New Beginning, which is always welcome. I would have gotten to this sooner, but the dual attack of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and NHL 10 arrived in my mailbox last week, so they've been taking up a lot of my time. Now I wish they would have taken up more.

No comments:

Post a Comment