Saturday, December 11, 2010

Unstoppable (2010)

Unstoppable (2010)

Directed by: Tony Scott
Screenplay by: Mark Bomback

Genre: Action | Drama | Thriller
Running Time: 98 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Theater

1 million tons of steel. 100,000 lives at stake. 100 minutes to impact.

[IMDb]




Comments: Take a look at that poster. How terrible is that? Chris Pine looks animated. Anyway, Unstoppable continues Tony Scott and Denzel Washington's descent toward mediocrity. I'm not saying that Unstoppable is bad; it's certainly an entertaining film. But of their four collaborations in the last decade, I'd rank Unstoppable right along with 2009's The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 in the mediocre category (I found 2006's Déjà Vu to be pretty good, and I think 2004's Man on Fire is awesome). I'd call Unstoppable a solid rental for a Friday night, but not much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment