Sunday, December 12, 2010

Monsters (2010)

Monsters (2010)

Directed by: Gareth Edwards
Screenplay by: Gareth Edwards

Genre: Drama | Sci-Fi | Thriller
Running Time: 94 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Online

Now, it's our turn to adapt.

[IMDb]




Comments: I had heard a bit about Monsters here and there, so I jumped at the chance to watch it tonight. The aliens are really the backdrop of the film, as it's much more of a drama with romantic undertones. It's amazing how good the film looked considering it was made for around $15,000. Gareth Edwards' directing is great, and the cinematography is wonderful and often breathtaking. There were a few moments where I was expecting more action or something more intense to occur, but I guess the budget handcuffed Edwards a bit. Still, Monsters is a solid film that I'll definitely look to pick up in February when it comes out on DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment