Saturday, December 25, 2010

True Grit (2010)

True Grit (2010)

Directed by: Ethan Coen and Joel Coen
Screenplay by: Ethan Coen and Joel Coen

Genre: Adventure | Drama | Western
Running Time: 110 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Theater

Punishment comes one way or another.

[IMDb]




Comments: I'm feeling pretty lazy, so this won't be long. True Grit was much more darkly comedic than I expected, especially with how serious the trailers looked (I guess you could say it's very Coen-esque). But it worked, and it's certainly one of the better films of 2010. I was really impressed with Hailee Steinfeld, who was amazing and completely owned whenever she was onscreen despite being only 14 (at least that's how old she is in the film; I'm unaware of her actual age). True Grit is a great film, and is certainly deserving of the praise it's received so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment