Saturday, February 20, 2010

Night of the Creeps (1986)

Night of the Creeps (1986)

Directed by: Fred Dekker
Screenplay by: Fred Dekker

Genre: Comedy | Horror | Sci-Fi | Thriller
Running Time: 90 Minutes (Director's Cut)
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned DVD

If you scream... you're dead.

[IMDb]




Comments: Fred Dekker has a pretty devoted cult following considering he's only directed three films (this one, The Monster Squad, and Robocop 3). Night of the Creeps was finally released on DVD last year, and there was considerable buzz around this event. I picked up the film as I enjoyed The Monster Squad, and now that I finally got around to watching it, Night of the Creeps is a solid '80s comedy/horror flick. It's not superb by any means, but it's a decent film that's both funny and a bit violent, with some fun kills. Dekker's dialogue is rather entertaining, and not nearly as cheesy as I thought it would be (there's several great one-liners). Still, the film still didn't live up to the praise I was reading about it before Night of the Creeps was released. But it's still a solid watch and worthy of a spot in my collection (not that it's hard to be included in my DVD collection, which includes films like Mom and Dad Save the World and Chained Heat II).

No comments:

Post a Comment