Monday, February 22, 2010

Do You Believe in Miracles? The Story of the 1980 U.S. Hockey Team (2001)

Do You Believe in Miracles? The Story of the 1980
  U.S. Hockey Team
(2001)

Screenplay by: Bernard Goldberg

Genre: Documentary | History | Sport
Running Time: 60 Minutes
MPAA Rating: Not Rated
Viewed: Owned DVD

Where were you?

[IMDb]




Comments: 30 years ago tonight, one of, if not the greatest sporting event of all time took place. With the USA hockey team defeating Canada last night, I really wanted to revisit the Miracle on Ice. I've seen Miracle (the Kurt Russell film) a number of times, so I watched Do You Believe in Miracles? The Story of the 1980 U.S. Hockey Team for the first time. The documentary is a good watch, even though I already knew most of the events surrounding the 1980 games. Still, it brings a tear to my eye to watch the end of the game against the Soviet Union, even though I wasn't born at the time. That's how you know when something's a truly transcendent moment. Now I really want to see the US win the gold in the 2010 Olympics. They're off to a good start, and the number one seed for the tournament. Sure, it wouldn't be as memorable or important as 1980. But it would still be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment