Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Life and Times of Tim - Season One (2008)

The Life and Times of Tim (2008-????)

Created by: Steve Dildarian

Season: One (2008)
Genre: Animation | Comedy
Number of Episodes: 10
Episode Running Time: 30 Minutes
Viewed: Owned DVD

Lesson #21: Never squeeze an old woman's boobs.

[IMDb]




Comments: I hadn't even heard of The Life and Times of Tim before last week. I was perusing a blog from one of the reviewers at DVDTalk, and he loved the first season of the show. He compares Tim favorably to Curb Your Enthusiasm, so I was definitely interested. And because I had nothing better to do, I decided to pick up the set and have at it. It was worth the purchase, but definitely not as good as Curb. The show is definitely well-written and funny; there's just some moments that could have been funnier. I liked all the ideas for each segment (each episode is divided into two 11 minute episodes), but each could be rather hit-or-miss. Some parts had me laughing hysterically (the scene where Tim gives a speech on stage in Spanish had tears rolling down my face), but others I felt I would be laughing more if I were watching it with other people. Still, The Life and Times of Tim is a funny show. Also, the new season premieres this week, but since I don't have HBO I'll have to wait until the DVD comes out. Such are the breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment