Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Junebug (2005)

Junebug (2005)

Directed by: Phil Morrison
Screenplay by: Angus MacLachlan

Genre: Comedy | Drama
Running Time: 106 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned DVD

[IMDb]






Comments: The first time I watched Junebug was a few years ago, when it was released on DVD. I won't lie, the only reason I watched it was because I had just finished watching the first season of The O.C. (I have such a weak spot for teen dramas), and Ben McKenzie was in the film. I not only enjoyed Junebug, I freaking loved it. I ordered it on DVD and promptly never watched it again. Until now. Upon revisiting the film, I didn't fall head-over-heels for it, but I still found it to be an excellent piece of filmmaking. Words cannot express how wonderful of an actress Amy Adams is. I haven't seen her in much, but she's been amazing in everything I've seen that she's in (Doubt springs to mind). There's so many touching and realistically emotional moments in the film. The scene toward the end when George and Ashley talk in the hospital is so wonderful, and really brings the film home. Junebug is a great film, and worth watching even if you've never seen The O.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment