Sunday, June 6, 2010

Scream (1996)

Scream (1996)

Directed by: Wes Craven
Screenplay by: Kevin Williamson

Genre: Crime | Horror | Mystery | Thriller
Running Time: 111 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned DVD

Someone has taken their love of scary movies one step too far!

[IMDb]




Comments: This is actually the first time I've seen Scream the entire way through. I've seen bits and pieces of all three films over the years (I think I may have seen Scream 3 all the way through back in the day, however I don't remember), but it was fun to watch the film that reinvigorated the slasher genre in the mid '90s. Scream starts out great, but it soon gets a bit bogged down in the second half by all of the clichés that the film made fun of in the first part (or was that the point?). Still, it's a fun film and rather original for the most part and worth a watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment