Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Bad News Bears (2005)

Bad News Bears (2005)

Directed by: Richard Linklater
Screenplay by: Bill Lancaster, Glenn Ficarra, and John Requa

Genre: Comedy | Sport
Running Time: 113 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Owned DVD

The bases are loaded... so is the coach.

[IMDb]




Comments: The remake of the Bad News Bears is a horrible hodgepodge or about 20 other sports movies, including the original. The script is plotted poorly, and there were times where I was sure I missed something. When Billy Bob goes to ask his ex-girlfriend's daughter to pitch for them (which is about 40 minutes into the movie), I was positive I missed a scene earlier with them because the characters spoke like they've been on screen before. But they weren't. So why did I enjoy the film? Dialogue! It's always funny to hear kids swear, and Billy Bob Thornton jumps back into a role he's been working on the last few years: drunken asshole. I laughed pretty hard a few times, and that's really all I ask out of something like Bad News Bears.

No comments:

Post a Comment