Saturday, June 5, 2010

Get Him to the Greek (2010)

Get Him to the Greek (2010)

Directed by: Nicholas Stoller
Screenplay by: Nicholas Stoller

Genre: Comedy
Running Time: 109 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Theater

Arriving this summer (hopefully).

[IMDb]




Comments: I was feeling pretty lazy when leaving the theater, so I was simply going to use this for the comments: "Surprisingly funny." But now I feel like expanding a little bit. When I first heard that Nicholas Stoller was going to spin-off Forgetting Sarah Marshall with Aldous Snow, I wasn't really interested. I like Russell Brand, but the Aldous Snow character for a full two hours? I wasn't sure about that. Plus, while Jonah Hill's pretty funny, his character in FSM was awful. Luckily he was given a new character, and it worked out pretty well (I was a little disappointed that there wasn't a "haven't I seen you before?" joke thrown in there, although Sarah Marshall makes a quick appearance). Anyway, the trailers looked half decent, plus it got fairly good reviews. Luckily, Get Him to the Greek made me laugh pretty often (which is always a plus), although it wasn't quite as deep as its predecessor. Still, the movie works well and should be worth your time (if you're a fan of the other Apatow-styled comedies). If you aren't interested, you should at least go to see Jonah Hill have random shit shoved up his ass (like heroin and a dildo). That's why movies are magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment