Saturday, June 5, 2010

Forgetting Sarah Marshall (2008)

Forgetting Sarah Marshall (2008)

Directed by: Nicholas Stoller
Screenplay by: Jason Segel

Genre: Comedy | Drama | Romance
Running Time: 111 Minutes (Theatrical Cut)
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Owned DVD

A comedy about getting dumped, and taking it like a man.

[IMDb]




Comments: I first watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall when it was originally released on DVD, and I was very disappointed. I found the movie to be slowly paced and funny only in certain spots. Granted, I watched the unrated version, so I figured that was part of the problem. I planned on watching the theatrical cut, but never got to it before today (and the only reason I watched it today is because I'm going to see Get Him to the Greek tonight). And I definitely feel the footage added in was the problem, as I found Forgetting Sarah Marshall to be much, much better this time. The pacing is improved, and it's truly amazing how taking seven minutes out impacts the film. Plus it's hard not to like a film when Mila Kunis and Kristen Bell are this gorgeous. I must admit, I should have watched the theatrical cut sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment