Friday, December 18, 2009

Avatar (2009)

Avatar (2009)

Directed by: James Cameron
Screenplay by: James Cameron

Genre: Action | Adventure | Sci-Fi | Thriller
Running Time: 162 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Theater

[IMDb]






Comments: Well, I can probably say that Avatar is the most visually impressive movie I've ever seen. It's rather amazing how the movie looks; everything is top notch. However, I was disappointed in the actual story of the film. Just about everything in regards to the plot and characters is very run-of-the-mill, and if it wasn't for the outstanding visuals I would have been a bit bored during the first half of the film. The second half was more entertaining, and despite the amazingly predictable finale, I was thoroughly engrossed in the ending. I can't say enough about the movie "experience," however, and I strongly recommend seeing the film in theaters if you have any desire to watch Avatar at all. But beyond the spectacle, there's not much in terms of quality dialogue or story arcs. But, Avatar is definitely something fresh and new in the movie-making world, and I'm sure we'll start to see more grand spectacles in the future. Oh, and Neytiri is the hottest 10-foot-tall computer generated blue alien I've ever seen before. And that's saying something.

No comments:

Post a Comment