Sunday, April 5, 2009

Fast & Furious (2009)

Fast & Furious (2009)

Directed by: Justin Lin
Screenplay by: Chris Morgan

Genre: Action | Crime | Drama | Thriller
Running Time: 107 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Theater

New model. Original parts.

[IMDb]




Comments: I don't think I'm endearing myself to "serious" movie fans after the last two movies I watched were Fast & Furious and Transporter 3. But luckily, I have a long history of not giving a fuck and watching whatever stupid shit I want to. And trust me, Fast & Furious is stupid shit. But if it doesn't make you want to drive 150 mph down the highway while your buddy climbs out the window, I don't know what will. I've seen all three previous Furious films, and this one takes place between the second and third entries. And luckily, it's much better than both. It's doesn't quite match up to the amazing popcorn-fest that was the original, but getting the two leads back together makes for a much better pair than Tyrese and Paul Walker. Or that kid with a southern accent and some Asian kid. Despite their lack of acting ability, Vin Diesel and Paul Walker always had some chemistry when working together, even if it can be a bit homoerotic sometimes. Anyway, Fast & Furious is once again, nothing but entertainment (and a fucking moneymaker: 72 million - holy shit!) that will satisfy the action junkies in all of us. And you can bet your ass that you'll see the crew return for Fast Furious 5: This Time We Took "And" Out As Well As "The", especially since the movie will surely break $100 million by the end of next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment