Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The X-Files (1998)

The X-Files (1998)

Directed by: Rob Bowman
Screenplay by: Chris Carter

Genre: Crime | Horror | Mystery | Sci-Fi | Thriller
Running Time: 121 Minutes
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Viewed: Owned DVD

Discover the past, live the present, fight the future.

[IMDb]




Comments: I've always been a big fan of The X-Files film - it delivers the grandeur of a major film while still being directed towards fans of the television show. Mulder and Scully's relationship is portrayed so much better here after the disjointed fifth season, which is refreshing. I always enjoyed the romantic aspect of their glances and touches, but I also appreciated the fact that it never became a major plot point (I have shit like The O.C. for that). Anyway, Fight the Future (as it later became known) is a great film and shows just how well The X-Files concept transfers to the big screen. As I said, Season Six will wait, but it will be lurking in shadows, waiting to give me another dose of sci-fi goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment