Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The X-Files - Season Five (1997-1998)

The X-Files (1993-2002)

Created by: Chris Carter

Season: Five (1997-1998)
Genre: Drama | Horror | Mystery | Sci-Fi | Thriller
Number of Episodes: 20
Episode Running Time: 60 Minutes
Viewed: Owned DVD

The truth is out there.

[IMDb]




Comments: It's been a few months since I watched Season Four of The X-Files, but there's a definite drop in quality in Season Five. There's several episodes where either Mulder or Scully isn't featured because they were shooting Fight the Future concurrently. There's also a notable lack of series-defining episodes. The only episode I found to be truly great was the vampiric pseudo-comedy "Bad Blood." It's been a couple of years, but I distinctly remember loving the film, so perhaps the lack of quality episodes is worth it. We'll find out soon, as I plan to watch the film tonight. However, I think there will be another few-month hiatus from The X-Files; the show's quality by all accounts is going to drop further, and there's just too much other stuff I have to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment