Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Brooklyn's Finest (2009)

Brooklyn's Finest (2009)

Directed by: Antoine Fuqua
Screenplay by: Michael C. Martin

Genre: Action | Crime | Drama | Thriller
Running Time: 132 Minutes
MPAA Rating: R
Viewed: Blu-ray

This is war. This is Brooklyn.

[IMDb]




Comments: I've really wanted to watch Brooklyn's Finest for a while now (I bought the DVD the week it came out), but I just never got around to it. I finally watched it last night at my Dad's house, and while not meeting all my expectations, it certainly was a solid film and Fuqua's second best (behind the great Training Day). The three main characters (Gere, Cheadle, and Hawke) share almost zero screen time together, but I felt the script was written well, and it did a fairly good job intertwining the stories and keeping me interested in each story. I wasn't the biggest fan of the end of the film, as Michael Martin went more for "unexpected chaos" rather than a satisfying, emotionally resounding resolution. I'm not dissing the chaos element, as it certainly works for other films, I just don't think it fit in quite right here. Still, Brooklyn's Finest is an engaging crime drama that's worth your two hours. Definitely recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment